ထုိ.ေၾကာင့္၊လူလိမ္တခ်ဳိ.ဦးေဆာင္ေသာမဆလပါတီ၊အာဏာရူးေမာင္ေနဝင္ဦးေဆာင္ေသာေတာ္လွန္ေရးေကာင္စီ၊မဆလႏွင့္ ေမာင္ေနဝင္တုိ.အုပ္စုမွဆင္းသက္ေပါက္ဖြားလာေသာအာဏာသိမ္းျပည္ဖ်က္နဝတႏွင့္၎တုိ.၏မ်ဳိးဆက္မ်ားႏွင့္မိစၦာဒိဌိမ်ဳိး ေတာ္မ်ားမွေပါက္ဖြားလာေသာနအဖတုိ.အေနနဲ.က်ဳးပင္ခုတ္က်ဴးငုတ္မက်န္မ်ဳိးတုံသတ္ျဖတ္မွဳဝါဒကုိခ်က္ခ်င္းအဆုံးသတ္ျပီး တုိင္းျပည္ကုိကမၻာနဲ.ရင္ေပါင္တန္ႏုိင္ေအာင္လုပ္ၾကပါ၊တုိင္းရင္းသားေတြအေနနဲ. ယခုလက္ရွိျမန္မာစစ္အစုိးရကုိလုံးဝမယုံနဲ. ကုိယ့္လက္နက္ကုိယ့္လက္ထဲမွာထားၾကပါ၊ဒုိ.လူထုဆႏၵႏွင့္တုိင္းရင္းသားမ်ား၏အခြင့္အေရးနဲ.မကုိက္ညီေသာေရြေကာက္ပြဲ ကုိလုံးဝတုိက္ဖ်က္ရမည္၊စစ္မွန္ေသာျပည္ေထာင္စုမေပၚေပါက္မခ်င္းလက္နက္ကုိင္ေတာ္လွန္ေရးရွိရမည္၊လုပ္ရမည္၊ဆက္ တုိက္ရမည္၊
ဒုိ.တေတြ တရားမွ်တမွဳရွိေသာစစ္ပြဲကုိတုိက္ေနၾကတာ၊ဒါဟာမတရားတဲ့စစ္ပြဲကုိေအာင္ႏုိင္ဖုိ.အေျခခံသေဘာတရားျဖစ္သည္ ႈIt is better to die on our feet then to live on our knees ဆုိတဲ့စကားအတုိင္း ကုိယ့္ေျခေထာက္ေပၚကုိယ့္ရပ္တည္ျပီး ေသဆုံးတာဟာ ဒူေထာက္ျပီးအသက္ရွင္ေနရျခင္းထက္ေကာင္း၏၊ကြ်န္ဘဝျဖင့္အသက္ရွင္ေနျခင္းထက္သခင္ဘဝျဖင့္ေသ ဆုံးျခင္းသည္ပုိေကာင္း၏၊လူသတ္သမားကုိဘုရားအေလာင္ဟုဂုဏ္ျပဳေသာမဟာဝါဒီသမားမွန္သမွ်တုိက္ဖ်က္ၾက၊
OFFICE OF THE SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
KAREN NATIONAL UNION
Address of KNU President Tamlabaw on 60th Anniversary of Karen Revolution
Dear Karen nationals and KNLA officers and men,
- On this day of January 31, 2009, which is the 60th anniversary of the Karen people’s war of resistance, I would like to wish all of you to be full of health and cheers. First, I would like to say in honor of you – the KNLA officers, NCOs, the rankers and all the Karen people – that I am proud of your faithful participation in the grand struggle of the revolution. Further, I would like to say that I am proud of and place on record the sacrifices of lives, blood and limbs you have made.
- Though the Karen people had lived, from time immemorial, in peace and freedom with the other indigenous nationalities in Burma, they have lost their freedom and rights under the oppression of the chauvinists. For the Karen people to regain their basic rights, the Karen patriotic leaders led a demonstration of the Karen people in towns and cities all over the country, on February 11, 1948. The demonstrators held placards bearing 4 demands, which were – (1) Give Karen country at once; (2) Show at once equality between the Karen and the Burman; (3) We do not want civil war; (4) We do not want racial strife. The AFPFL Party in power not only ignored totally the demands of the Karen people but started military attacks against the Karen civilians and KNU headquarters, in an attempt to wipe out totally the Karen people’s movement by force, and thus, the Karen people had to take up arms in self-defense and start armed resistance.
- Though the revolution has been in existence for 60 years, we still have not reached our goal. Since the Karen question is a political one, the farsighted Karen leaders have held dialogue with successive regimes in power on several occasions, but the other side simply insisted on the Karen to capitulate and enter the legal fold. For that reason, there has been no peace and reconciliation. On the other hand, as the regimes in power continue to destroy the Karen people’s hearths and homes and their lands in addition to committing inhuman acts including the crimes of rape of women, we still have to continue our struggle in the battle field. We must continue our resistance war so long as there is armed conflict, so long as there is no negotiation and political settlement, in practice and in agreement with aspirations of the Karen people.
- We, the Karen people and members of the KNU, have seen firsthand the heinous attacks by the enemy to destroy the Karen revolution in the past 60 years. The Karen revolution can proudly stand up to this day in spite of such attacks because of the Karen people’s invincible courage, correct patriotic spirit and unshakable belief in the 4 principles of Saw Ba U Gyi.
- Holding a rigged referendum in 2008 to deceitfully obtain approval vote for its fraudulent State Constitution, harassing the international donors who came to help victims of Cyclone Nargis and fervently preparing to hold a general election in 2010, are indications that the SPDC military regime is attempting to continue to remain in power, with some semblance of legality. We, the KNU, will always condemn such acts.
- In conclusion, I would like to say that the military regime in power, to divide us, will try to sow dissension among the Karen people and the KNU by various deceitful means, in this year as well. For that reason, I would like to urge all to be vigilant, to oppose the entire enemy’s attempt to divide us, to fight for freedom from repressive rule of the chauvinists in power and to struggle, on all sides, together with fellow oppressed nationalities and democratic forces, until the system of military dictatorship is terminated.
The Just Karen Revolution Shall Triumph Definitely!
The Evil Military Clique Shall Fall!